Thursday, September 4, 2008

Montgomery College, here I come!


Well, yesterday was my first day at MC! It was a rather funny day, and since a lot of people have been asking, I figured I'd share it with you:

-Right before I left, I printed off directions from google maps, which I didn't notice took me to the wrong part of the road I needed to be on. So there I was, sitting in a neighborhood somewhere vaguely near my destination, completely lost and needing to get to my classes! Fortunately, I called my mom and, after a lot of "do you recognize this road name? How about this one? Go that way you said? Oh, oops, I just turned left "...etc she managed to get me back on the right road :)

-At MC, I headed in to class, still a good 15 minutes early! I found my room, opened the door, and sat down in a chair. Introductions had already started, but something didn't seem right...the board said something about Chem 101 and the teacher was a woman. This was my room, but I knew my class was Chem 100, and I was pretty darn sure that the teacher was a guy! Well, I was right :) Turns out that Chem 101 (the class before mine) was doing their introductions at the end of class...and I decided to make a hasty retreat back out into the waiting room. After all that drama, Chem class went very well, and I think I'm going to enjoy it.

-After Chem, I had ten minutes to book it across campus to my Women in Literature class. The teacher is hysterical (in both senses) and class looks like it's going to be reeeeally interesting. (First question: "So what are some of the myths about women that exist today?")Fortunately, I met another christian girl already in my class, who I'm really excited to get to know.

-Aaaand so, that was my first day at MC! I'm really excited about this school year; the classes look good, but I'm really more excited about the relationships that, Godwilling, I'm going to be able to make over this semester. I'd really appreciate prayers for both aspects!

3 comments:

John Schellhase said...

Germantown campus?

Joanna said...

oh, allie, you're great:)

It actually really encourages me that you made am *mistake with regards to going to class. I can tend to be nervous about my "first day" in college, and hear that people with vision make mistakes too, is helpful;)

Anyways, I'll be praying... I want to chat sometime soon.
Love you
~me

Hannah said...

about "no handle bars: i had similar thoughts/feelings about it, but you express it much better than i would. thanks. --blessings-- mrs.moore