Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall Is

This is a little poem I just whipped up while I was trying to explain to my brother exactly why I think Fall is so wonderful. I'd like to polish this up sometime and add to it, but I wanted to share it anyways, because it just about sums up my thoughts on the season.


Fall is...
Cool fresh air filling your lungs
The echo of traffic whizzing by
The first dark trail of pencil lead
scratched onto an unmarred notebook sheet
The hefty weight of a new textbook
as you flip through the smooth, cool pages
The smell of a barbeque just past the trees
The crunch of leaves underfoot
Smoke wafting up from a fireplace
drifting past piercingly blue sky
and autumn leaves.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh, I like the bit about the pencil lead. good poem

Joanna said...

yeah. i liked that part too:) this is a really cute poem allie:)
love you... and I was thinking about you today...

Monica T. said...

This is really pretty! I can almost feel the fall air! After you "touch it up a little" (even though I don't think it really needs it :D ) could I post it on my blog ? Under your name of course.