Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Brief History

Ok, right from the beginning, I'd like to take a moment to share my history with blogs, as well as to explain why I have started this one:

It all started around 2005. Blogs had just become popular, and one of my close friends, who was at that time creating new blogs every couple of weeks, convinced me to make one. I named it Allie's Little Corner, made a post or two, and then promptly forgot it. Eventually, a year or so later, I remembered my little blog and was curious as to what happened to it. After digging around the deep dark recesses of the web, and attempting many different passwords, I re-discovered my blog. I attempted to post more faithfully at it, but it was a rather pointless project. I was very protective of my identity and so only allowed five readers: my mom, dad, grandma, brother, and one friend. Needless to say, the blog again did not last long, and I again abandoned it.

Now fast-forward to 2008. This year I have been very active in photography, and have enjoyed posting my favorite pictures to flickr (www.flickr.com/photos/chickadee5). However, when my flickr began running low on room, I decided to start a photoblog! I deleted my old Allie's Little Corner blog, which had become entirely useless and created Silver Maple Photography. However, after its creation and my subsequent single post, I realized that a photoblog really didn't serve the purpose I was looking for. Except in a few rare cases, I prefer the format of flickr better for pictures. So that blog's gone bye-bye.

Ok, so obviously I have a rather sorry history with blogs. Why then did I create this one? Well, because throughout the days and weeks, I have been realizing that my life is filled with many interesting experiences, memories, and lessons that I would love to share. I'm hoping this can be a place where I can share those thoughts, whether it be through normal blog posts or through picture posts that display something about my life. Only time will tell if this blog outlasts its predecessors, but I think that it will, and I'm excited to give it a shot.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Exciting. I will be reading. =)

The Little Tin Man said...

Welcome to the world of Second chances with Blogs. Keep it up. TRY tOO!!

Joanna said...

Wow Allie. Your poor pathetic blogs... I'm looking forward to this one though and hope to be able to stop by every so often:) It would be nice to see a picture of you... so we know who we're reading about :)
~Jo-Jo

Monica T. said...

Good luck on your blog! I'll try and read it sometimes. :) Just don't write anything too boring... haha. See ya!

-Monica